Decommissioning & Environmental Remediation project, including the complete management and treatment of contaminated soil.
Ausdecom completed removal of underground and aboveground storage tanks, large scale excavations and remediation of asbestos and hydrocarbon contaminated material.
In conjunction with the decommissioning works package, an environmental remediation package of works was also undertaken at the Toyota manufacturing site in Altona North.
Throughout the project, Ausdecom worked closely with the Toyota environmental team and environmental consultants to achieve the desired outcome for all stakeholders.
- The removal of 12x UST’s and 5x AST’s (All tanks were transported from site and taken to the Ausdecom licensed tank destruction facility for destruction)
- Excavation and removal of 7,000m3 of hydrocarbon contaminated material from inside of the Powertrain building
- Excavation, transport & abatement of 6,000m3 of asbestos contaminated material
- Vigorous waste tracking was implemented by the Ausdecom team to track all materials being transported on and off site
- Removal/Decommissioning of various interceptor traps and waste treatment infrastructure
- Pump out and disposal of over 100,000L of liquid waste
- Backfill and compact all excavated areas to desired Toyota specifications
- Reinstate over 5,000m2 of concrete over previously excavated areas
“The Toyota Corporate Property Team are proud to call Ausdecom a partner! Since engaging Ausdecom in 2018, they have partnered with us at our Altona site transforming the previous manufacturing facility into a true “Centre of Excellence”. The reason we are so proud to call Ausdecom a partner is because of their passion for safety and the environment above all else. This philosophy resonated with Toyota when we first engaged Ausdecom in our initial works and saw them staying on to decommission more than 50,000m2 of our site and win the complete package of works at the Altona site. When it came to decommissioning there was only Ausdecom! During their time working with Toyota, Ausdecom have undertaken demolition and remediation works over a number of project stages for TMCA between 2018 and 2020. During the works Ausdecoms’ communication, advice and support showcased their exceptional skill, knowledge, and quality workmanship. Throughout the project Ausdecom demonstrated innovative solutions, transparency, reliability, and a commitment to safety in every aspect of their work. Ausdecom truly partner with their clients to deliver outstanding results through teamwork and respect. When it comes to demolition works, Toyota could not provide a more glowing endorsement! On behalf of Toyota, “Thank You:” for all your hard work and making our dreams of creating a ‘Centre of Excellence’ at Altona come true.”
Luke Martin (TMCA representative)